Diabetes is a complex and serious disease, and managing it every day can be challenging. To help you, diabetes care and education specialists have developed seven key areas to focus on. A diabetes care and education specialist can help you set priorities and coach you on each of these areas.
1. Healthy Eating: understanding how what, when, and how much you eat can impact your blood glucose.
2. Exercise and being active: benefits and effects to be aware of when you exercise with diabetes.
3. Taking medications: how they work, when to take, what to know about your diabetes medications.
4. Monitoring: what do those numbers mean?
5. Problem-solving: where to go to find the reliable help when you need it.
6. Reducing Risks: having diabetes does not guarantee you will develop complications; poorly controlled diabetes is what increases your risks.
7. Healthy Coping: Living with diabetes can be overwhelming. Learn healthy ways to cope when things get stressful.
Ready to connect? Contact me today!