Each November, The American Diabetes Association highlights the epidemic that impacts millions of Americans every day. The theme for this year is "We Stand Greater Than Diabetes". During these tumultuous times, the focus on hope and empowerment is so critical. Take a moment to read more about this years message www.diabetes.org/greaterthan.
Diabetes is a complex and serious disease, and managing it every day can be challenging. To help you, diabetes care and education specialists have developed seven key areas to focus on. A diabetes care and education specialist can help you set priorities and coach you on each of these areas.
1. Healthy Eating: understanding how what, when, and how much you eat can impact your blood glucose.
2. Exercise and being active: benefits and effects to be aware of when you exercise with diabetes.
3. Taking medications: how they work, when to take, what to know about your diabetes medications.
4. Monitoring: what do those numbers mean?
5. Problem-solving: where to go to find the reliable help when you need it.
6. Reducing Risks: having diabetes does not guarantee you will develop complications; poorly controlled diabetes is what increases your risks.
7. Healthy Coping: Living with diabetes can be overwhelming. Learn healthy ways to cope when things get stressful.
Ready to connect? Contact me today!